What are the supplements in the kit?
- Herbal Bitters - A powerful digestive support formula, containing a blend of extracts from gentian, dandelion, lemon balm, fennel, and ginger. These herbs support the timely passage of food through the gastrointestinal tract by stimulating proper contraction of the stomach muscles and facilitating entry of food into the small intestine. They also promote secretion of the body’s own digestive enzymes, and support a healthy inflammatory response.*
- Betaine with Pepsin - Provides betaine hydrochloride along with pepsin, a key protein digestive enzyme produced in the stomach. Taking this supplement before a meal aids digestion, especially the digestion of protein-containing foods, and helps with the assimilation of nutrients.*
- Veggie Enzymes - A digestive support formula with a combination of the most important enzymes for digestion of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. Applications include support for gas and bloating after meals, constipation, and a feeling of fullness after eating only a small quantity of food.*
- Pancreatic Enzymes Plus - A blend of pancreatic enzymes (lipase, protease, amylase), desiccated ox bile and bromelain. The enteric coating protects the enzymes from being denatured by stomach acid, preserving their activity for the duodenum (first section of small intestine), where pancreatic enzymes are normally released and are intended to function. It is free of dairy, gluten, soy, and artificial fillers.
What are the benefits of the supplements in the Kit?
- Herbal Bitters - May be beneficial for optimizing healthy digestion and reducing symptoms of occasional gastrointestinal discomfort after meals, such as gas, bloating, and excessive fullness. Herbal Bitters is an ideal substitute for those who cannot take supplements that stimulate gastric juices (ex: Betaine with Pepsin), and those looking for a vegan/vegetarian digestive enzyme support formula.*
- Betaine with Pepsin - Helps to support digestive health, proper digestion of proteins, optimal absorption of nutritional substances, as well as bowel irregularities, such as occasional diarrhea and constipation. This product is ideal for those who are looking to support their stomach’s digestive function.*
- Veggie Enzymes - This formula is plant-based and may be especially helpful for the improved digestion of plant foods like grains and beans, as it contains carbohydrate digesting enzymes, which are helpful for the breakdown of simple sugars, complex carbohydrates, starches, and fiber. This formula also provides support for occasional constipation, gas, bloating, and a feeling of excessive fullness after meals.*
- Pancreatic Enzymes Plus - May be beneficial for those looking to support pancreatic function and fat digestion, as well as people who experience occasional bloating, gas, or GI distress.*
How long can I take the supplements in the Kit?
The supplements in this kit can be taken for three months to two years. Pancreatic Enzymes Plus can be taken long term, if needed.
Can the supplements be taken with thyroid medication?
Herbal Bitters, Betaine with Pepsin, and Veggie Enzymes should be taken at least 30 to 60 minutes away from thyroid medications. Pancreatic Enzymes Plus should be spaced out by at least one hour from thyroid medications.
As with any supplement or lifestyle change, testing your thyroid hormone levels every 30-90 days to see if a medication adjustment is needed, is recommended.
What if I am sensitive to one of the supplement ingredients in the Kit?
If you are sensitive to one of the supplement ingredients, but still want to utilize one or more other supplements in the Kit, you can order them individually:
Please Note: The Warnings and Precautions below include those for all supplements within the Gut Restore Kit. For information in regards to a specific product within the Kit, please refer to the individual product page.
Not to be used by those with a history of having any type of ulcer or gastritis, those with an active H. pylori infection, or those with an overproduction of stomach acid. Do not use if you are allergic or sensitive to pork, pineapples, or any of the ingredients in this kit. If you experience a skin rash, please discontinue the product immediately as this could be a sign of an allergic reaction.
Do not crush or chew Pancreatic Enzymes capsules or its contents, and do not hold the capsule or capsule contents in your mouth, as they may cause irritation. Burning and digestive distress would likely indicate that the supplement should be discontinued.
Consult with a physician before use if pregnant or breastfeeding.
DO NOT TAKE if taking the following medications: acarbose, amoxicillin, anticoagulant/antiplatelet drugs, antidiabetic drugs, antihypertensive drugs, blood thinners, clopidogrel (Plavix), Creon (pancrelipase capsules), ciprofloxacin, CNS depressants, contraceptive drugs, cytochrome P450 substrates (1A2, 3A4), dalteparin (Fragmin), enoxaparin (Lovenox), estrogens, glucuronidated drugs, heparin, indomethacin (Indocin), lithium, losartan, metronidazole, NSAIDs, nifedipine, phenprocoumon, potassium-sparing diuretics, proton pump inhibitors and acid-suppressing medications, quinolone antibiotics, steroids or other medications that may cause an ulcer, tamoxifen, thyroid hormone+, ticlopidine (Ticlid), tetracycline antibiotics, and/or warfarin (Coumadin).
+The lemon balm in this formulation has previously been studied for its thyroid hormone-reducing properties in hyperthyroidism, so it has not been recommended in hypothyroidism. However, recent studies show that lemon balm may have thyroid modulating effects.*