What are the supplements in the kit?
- S. Boulardii - S. boulardii (Saccharomyces boulardii) is a non-pathogenic yeast. It possesses probiotic activity that supports gastrointestinal health and immune function. This formula contains 500 mg (10 billion CFU) of S. boulardii per serving. This strain does not require refrigeration and has the ability to survive passage through the harsh gastric environment, withstanding high acidity, bile, and heat.
- Spore Flora - A broad-spectrum, spore-based probiotic used to optimize gastrointestinal health. It contains soil-based microorganisms that are found in the earth, from the Bacillaceae family (bacillus coagulans, bacillus subtilis, bacillus clausii). Spore-forming probiotics, unlike most traditional probiotics, remain stable and resistant to the low pH of stomach acid, resulting in the delivery of more intact probiotics to the intestines.*
- ProB 50 - A highly potent, shelf-stable, dairy-free probiotic formulation containing 50 billion colony forming units (CFUs) of lactobacillus and bifidobacterium probiotics per serving. It consists of 10 of the most well-researched probiotic strains, which are capable of surviving the harsh journey to the intestines and are able to attach to the intestinal walls, where they can grow and function effectively to support gastrointestinal health.*
- Microphage - A specialized bacteriophage (phage) formulation combining four types of phages (benevolent viruses that selectively target bacteria) along with seven strains of probiotics. This product is designed to support the rapid reproduction of beneficial bacteria throughout the small and large intestines, to promote healthy gastrointestinal and immune function.*
What are the benefits of the supplements in the Kit?
- S. Boulardii - May be beneficial for counterbalancing intestinal microorganisms disrupted by stress, poor nutrition, and toxins, strengthening the intestinal barrier, protecting the digestive mucosa from pathogens that may damage the intestinal lining, promoting healthy bowel function, and counterbalancing overgrowth of opportunistic bacteria and yeast.*
- Spore Flora - Contains five targeted Bacillus strains, which have the natural ability to produce a multitude of enzymes, secretory proteins (proteins secreted by cells), antimicrobial compounds, vitamins, and carotenoids (beneficial antioxidants).* This spore-based probiotic formula is designed to assist with digestion and nutrient absorption, stimulate the microflore balance in the intestines, support immune function, promote regular bowel movements, and aid bowel health.
- ProB 50 - May be beneficial for assisting with digestion and nutrient assimilation, helping to inhibit overgrowth of harmful bacteria, supporting the immune system, maintaining bowel health, and facilitating normal elimination. It can also help replenish depleted beneficial gut flora after a course of antibiotics. The capsules feature delayed-release technology and unique moisture-resistant, desiccant-lined packaging that removes the need for refrigeration, making ProB 50 convenient for travelers and anyone on the go.*
- Microphage - Contains bacteriophages that may support an increase in beneficial bacteria throughout the gastrointestinal tract, promote healthy function of the gastrointestinal and immune systems, are active in both the small and large intestines.. Microphage is dairy-free and utilizes a delayed-release capsule to help ensure delivery of active bacteriophage to the small intestine, without getting destroyed by stomach acid.
How long can I take the supplements in the Kit?
S. Boulardii and Microphage can be taken for three months to two years. Spore Flora and ProB 50 can be taken for one month or long-term.
Can the supplements be taken with thyroid medication?
The supplements in this Kit should be taken at least 30 to 60 minutes away from thyroid medications. As with any supplement or lifestyle change, testing your thyroid hormone levels every 30-90 days to see if a medication adjustment is needed, is recommended.
What if I am sensitive to one of the supplement ingredients in the Kit?
If you are sensitive to one of the supplement ingredients, but still want to utilize one or more other supplements in the Kit, you can order them individually:
Please Note: The Warnings and Precautions below include those for all supplements within the Gut Reseed Kit. For information in regards to a specific product within the Kit, please refer to the individual product page.
Not to be used by those who have an indwelling vascular catheter, are immunocompromised, or have risk factors for adverse events (e.g. patients with central venous catheters or increased bacterial translocation). Do not use if you are allergic or sensitive to any of the ingredients in this supplement.
Consult with a doctor before use if pregnant or breastfeeding, or if a yeast allergy or Crohn’s disease is present.+
DO NOT TAKE if taking the following medications: antibiotics++ and/or blood thinners
+In some cases of Crohn’s disease, S. boulardii may cross-react with antibodies to anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae (another type of yeast). There is also potential for cross-reactions with yeast allergies. These cases are rare, but should be discussed with your provider before starting S. boulardii, to make sure it is appropriate for your needs.
++The recommendation to avoid taking probiotics while taking antibiotics is based on the fact that antibiotics could reduce the effectiveness of probiotics. However, research shows that taking probiotics while taking antibiotics can help prevent diarrhea which may result from the use of antibiotics. To prevent destruction of probiotic activity, it is recommended to take probiotics and antibiotics at least two hours apart from one another.*