Due to unexpected raw material delays, this item is temporarily out of stock. We are expecting additional inventory mid-November. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please complete the sign up below to be notified when this item is back in stock.
The Gut Recalibrate Kit: Step 2 was created to prime the gut for healing, utilizing select nutrients, herbs, amino acids, and the yeast-based probiotic S. Boulardii, to promote gastrointestinal health, healthy bowel function and elimination, and support immune function.*
The Gut Recalibrate Kit: Step 2 is designed to:*
- provide complete support for Step 2 of Dr. Wentz’s signature Gut Recovery Program, in one convenient bundle
- strengthen the intestinal barrier
- support the normal processing and elimination of toxins
- promote healthy immune function
What are the supplements in the kit?
- P5P - P5P is pyridoxal-5-phosphate, the active form of vitamin B6. P5P is necessary for the production of neurotransmitters that support balanced mood, promote a more positive mental outlook, and facilitate a healthy response to stress.*
- Magnesium Citrate Powder - Provides 300 mg of magnesium in each one teaspoon serving - a convenient delivery system in a great-tasting lemon flavored powder. It mixes well in water and is very easy to titrate when higher doses are needed. Magnesium Citrate Powder helps promote bowel relaxation when fiber alone is not enough, and supports the ability to fall asleep.*
- S. Boulardii - S. boulardii (Saccharomyces boulardii) is a non-pathogenic yeast. It possesses probiotic activity that supports gastrointestinal health and immune function. This formula contains 500 mg (10 billion CFU) of S. boulardii per serving. This strain does not require refrigeration and has the ability to survive passage through the harsh gastric environment, withstanding high acidity, bile, and heat.*
- Carnitine Blend - Uniquely combines L-carnitine and its acetylated form into a convenient capsule, in a 4:1 ratio. L-carnitine is an amino acid derivative, and is a naturally occurring compound in all foods. But, significant amounts are only found in dark meats (due to high concentrations of mitochondria). Carnitine Blend also contains acetyl-L-carnitine, which has unique brain-supportive properties.*
- Liver & Gallbladder Support - A formula designed to support bile flow for the normal processing and elimination of toxins through the specific combination of nutrients and herbs in this formula. By supporting liver and gallbladder function, Liver & Gallbladder Support promotes the elimination of fatty substances from the liver and the digestion and assimilation of fats and fat-soluble vitamins.*
What are the benefits of the supplements in the Kit?
- P5P - By supporting healthy blood glucose levels and facilitating the delivery of oxygen to tissues in the body, P5P can help us maintain healthy energy levels and support a balanced stress response.*
- Magnesium Citrate Powder - Helps to support healthy magnesium levels, promotes regularity and bowel relaxation, maintains energy levels and metabolic efficiency, balances calcium and reduces the risk for build up in the body, and promotes relaxation and restful sleep.*
- S. Boulardii - May be beneficial for counterbalancing intestinal microorganisms disrupted by stress, poor nutrition, and toxins, strengthening the intestinal barrier, protecting the digestive mucosa from pathogens that may damage the intestinal lining, promoting healthy bowel function, and counterbalancing overgrowth of opportunistic bacteria and yeast.*
- Carnitine Blend - Provides support for people on vegetarian diets, or when dark meats are consumed in small amounts. It also supports exercise performance through encouraging the body to burn fat during exercise, supports energy levels by assisting in the transport of fats as a fuel source, and supports healthy weight management by assisting the body's ability to burn fat.*
- Liver & Gallbladder Support - This proprietary blend contains vitamins A, B6 and B12, L-methionine, milk thistle, taurine, inositol, ox bile, artichoke, and beet powder, to support the liver’s ability to process fat, help maintain normal production of bile, and support a healthy bile flow.*
How long can I take the supplements in the Kit?
The supplements in the kit can be taken for one month to two years.
Can the supplements be taken with thyroid medication?
P5P, S. Boulardii, Carnitine Blend, and Liver and Gallbladder Support should be taken at least 30 to 60 minutes away from thyroid medications. Liver & Gallbladder Support should be spaced out by at least one hour from thyroid medications, and Magnesium Citrate Powder should be taken at least four hours away from thyroid medications.
As with any supplement or lifestyle change, testing your thyroid hormone levels every 30-90 days to see if a medication adjustment is needed, is recommended.
What if I am sensitive to one of the supplement ingredients in the Kit?
If you are sensitive to one of the supplement ingredients, but still want to utilize one or more other supplements in the Kit, you can order them individually:
Please Note: The Warnings and Precautions below include those for all supplements within the Gut Recalibrate Kit. For information in regards to a specific product within the Kit, please refer to the individual product page.
Not to be used with peripheral vascular disease, high blood pressure, liver disease due to alcoholism (cirrhosis), diabetes, kidney disease, Addison's disease, a history of electrolyte imbalance or seizures, or by those who have an indwelling vascular catheter, are immunocompromised, or have risk factors for adverse events (e.g. patients with central venous catheters or increased bacterial translocation).
Do not use if you are allergic or sensitive to any of the ingredients in these supplements.
Liver & Gallbladder Support contains milk thistle. Milk thistle has been known to cause gastrointestinal issues, itchiness, headaches, and can cause an allergic reaction in people who are allergic to other plants in the Asteraceae family, such as ragweed, daisies, marigolds, and chrysanthemums. If you have diabetes, use milk thistle with caution, since the supplement might lower blood sugar. There is also concern that milk thistle might have estrogenic effects. If you have breast cancer, uterine cancer, ovarian cancer, endometriosis, or uterine fibroids, consider avoiding milk thistle.
Do not exceed doses above 300 mg daily of P5P. Discontinue if experiencing any of the following symptoms, as they may indicate toxicity: peripheral neuropathy (nerve pain, numbness, tremors, twitching at body extremities), gastrointestinal issues, skin issues, photosensitivity, sleep disorders, hyperesthesia (sensitivity to sound, light, smell, or touch) nausea, dizziness, and/or ataxia (lack of coordination and muscle control).
DO NOT TAKE if taking the following medications: acetaminophen, amiodarone, antihypertensive drugs, AZT, doxorubicin, valproic acid, aminoglycoside antibiotics, antacids, bisphosphonates, blood thinners, calcium channel blockers, carbamazepine, digoxin, levodopa, carbidopa, diuretics, steroid medications, retinoids including acitretin (Soriatane), bexarotene, isoniazid (INH), isotretinoin (Accutane), etretinate, tretinoin (Retin-A, Renova), and tazarotene, antidiabetic drugs, Cytochrome P450 1A2, 2B6, 2C19, or 2D6 substrates, diclofenac, glucuronidated drugs, HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, immunosuppressants, ketamine, lithium, methyldopa, minocycline, monoamine oxidase inhibitors, morphine, niacin, phenobarbital, phenytoin, p-glycoprotein substrates, quinolone antibiotics, raloxifene, sirolimus, skeletal muscle relaxers, sulfonylureas, tetracycline or tetracycline-based antibiotics, and/or tamoxifen.
Consult with a doctor before use if pregnant or breastfeeding, or if a yeast allergy or Crohn’s disease is present.+
Carnitine may also affect Hormone Replacement Therapy, and may increase or cause an imbalance in testosterone levels.
Most people will find that the citrate version of magnesium induces relaxation and can aid in achieving a restful night of sleep. However, a small percentage of people will find that the opposite is true for them, while others may have diarrhea and further “movement” of the bowels that may not be desirable. In such cases, a different form of magnesium (such as magnesium glycinate) may be more suitable.
+In some cases of Crohn’s disease, S. boulardii may cross-react with antibodies to anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae (another type of yeast). There is also potential for cross-reactions with yeast allergies. These cases are rare, but should be discussed with your provider before starting S. boulardii, to make sure it is appropriate for your needs.